Definition of eelpout in English:
A fish of cool or cold seas, having a broad head with thick lips and an elongated body with the dorsal and anal fins continuous with the tail.
- Family Zoarcidae: numerous genera and species, including the widely distributed northern European viviparous blenny (Zoarces viviparus)
- Some 10 to 25 percent of male eelpout are intersex, which means they have characteristics of both genders.
- In some parts of the southern North Sea, cold-water species, such as cod and eelpout, have been shown to experience metabolic stress during warm years.
- Eelpout have a well developed sense of smell and they are used to finding most of their food in the dark.
Definition of eelpout in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.