Definition of eelpout in English:
A fish of cool or cold seas, having a broad head with thick lips and an elongated body with the dorsal and anal fins continuous with the tail.
- Family Zoarcidae: numerous genera and species, including the widely distributed northern European viviparous blenny (Zoarces viviparus)
- Some 10 to 25 percent of male eelpout are intersex, which means they have characteristics of both genders.
- In some parts of the southern North Sea, cold-water species, such as cod and eelpout, have been shown to experience metabolic stress during warm years.
- Eelpout have a well developed sense of smell and they are used to finding most of their food in the dark.
Definition of eelpout in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India