- 1(Especially of a system or machine) achieving maximum productivity with minimum wasted effort or expense: fluorescent lamps are efficient at converting electricity into lightMore example sentences
- If we use only five to eight firms, we will be able to offer a streamlined and more efficient service.
- In some ways it is a sleek and efficient machine; in others, it is full of flaws.
- It certainly seemed a very efficient system and one which everyone participates in.
- 1.1(Of a person) working in a well-organized and competent way: an efficient administratorMore example sentences
- I work with a team of women who are really well organised, effective and efficient teachers.
- Learn to become more organized with day-to-day activities and a more efficient worker.
- Chris was known widely as an astute and efficient farmer and a devoted family man.
- More example sentences
- We all want the phone answered quickly and our inquiries handled efficiently and effectively.
- They dominate their field and run complex operations incredibly efficiently.
- The staff efficiently go about the business of making you feel welcome in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.