Definition of egg-eating snake in English:
An Old World snake that swallows birds' eggs. It has weak teeth, and breaks shells with sawlike projections inside the gullet.
- Subfamily Dasypeltinae, family Colubridae: genus Dasypeltis (of Africa, in particular the widespread D. scabra), and Elachistodon westermanni (of India)
- But no egg-eaters could eat all of the dinosaurs' eggs; they would eat themselves into extinction if they did (they would have no more food).
- Predators were rarely sighted, but in one case, a common egg-eater snake was found in a nest, feeding on the eggs.
- A fully grown Egg Eater grows to a size of 60-76cm (24-30 inches) in length.
Definition of egg-eating snake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India