- A hard white protuberance on the beak or jaw of an embryo bird or reptile that is used for breaking out of the shell and is later lost.More example sentences
- It all started nearly 50 days ago when I poked my egg tooth out of my shell.
- That's an egg tooth that it used to cut its way out of its shell in just the same way as reptiles and birds do.
- It's also lacking an egg tooth, but it's got regular teeth in its beak - as well as a long bony tail that make it look rather different from modern birds.
More definitions of egg toothDefinition of egg tooth in:
- The British & World English dictionary