1A kitchen utensil used for beating ingredients such as eggs or cream.
- Using an electric egg beater, beat the eggs with the sugar until very fluffy and pale.
- Add the egg and beat well with a wooden masher or with an electric egg beater.
- We have just received new hand-mixers similar to an egg beater, but these are electrical, saving your arm.
1.1North American informal A helicopter.
- I've always wondered about the ‘egg beaters’ flying around.
- Today the eggbeater went into action and the damn thing acted like it had good sense.
- he climbed into the cockpit of the machine and prepared to give them a visual demonstration of what his flying egg-beater could do.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of eggbeater in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.