Definition of egret in English:
A heron with mainly white plumage, having long plumes in the breeding season.
- Genus Egretta (and Bubulcus), family Ardeidae: several species
- The island also attracts a variety of wading birds such as herons and egrets and many songbirds.
- The result is the area has become a wildlife sanctuary with otters returning, and residents including white egrets, herons, kestrels and dozens of wild flowers.
- Despite the setting, we didn't see any waterfowl or shorebirds - no herons or egrets, no ducks or geese.
Definition of egret in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan