A heron with mainly white plumage, having long plumes in the breeding season.
- Genus Egretta (and Bubulcus), family Ardeidae: several species
More example sentences
- The island also attracts a variety of wading birds such as herons and egrets and many songbirds.
- The result is the area has become a wildlife sanctuary with otters returning, and residents including white egrets, herons, kestrels and dozens of wild flowers.
- Despite the setting, we didn't see any waterfowl or shorebirds - no herons or egrets, no ducks or geese.
Definition of egret in:
- The British & World English dictionary