Definition of eicosapentaenoic acid in English:
A polyunsaturated fatty acid found especially in fish oils. In humans it is a metabolic precursor of prostaglandins.
- Chemical formula: C19H29COOH
- Oils from deep sea fish are a rich source of omega - 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, particularly eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid.
- Your brain needs long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids to function properly and two types - eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid - have come up trumps.
- According to a new book, eicosapentaenoic acid is a substance that can ‘significantly alleviate the symptoms of depression, even in its most severe forms.’
Definition of eicosapentaenoic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan