Definition of eider in English:
noun(also eider duck) (plural same or eiders)
1A northern sea duck, of which the male has mainly black and white plumage with a colored head, and the brown female has soft down feathers that are used to line the nest.
- Genus Somateria (and Polysticta), family Anatidae: four species, in particular the common eider (S. mollissima)
- Sea ducks like scoters and eiders are also divers.
- Both of these types are plentiful on the Cape, as are sea ducks, such as scoters and eiders, viewable from many vantage points.
- They frequently nest in colonies, often in association with eiders.
1.1 another term for eiderdown.
Definition of eider in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan