- The maximum extent to which a solid may be stretched without permanent alteration of size or shape.More example sentences
- A guitar string, when stretched within its elastic limits, obeys the wave equation.
- It sought to ascertain the elastic limit, or maximum stress that such materials could sustain without damage.
- This test provides the elastic limit, elongation, yield point, yield strength, tensile strength, and the reduction in area.
More definitions of elastic limitDefinition of elastic limit in:
- The British & World English dictionary