- An elastic, fibrous glycoprotein found in connective tissue.More example sentences
- Molecular chromophores besides melanin abound in the skin and include keratin, collagen, elastin, proteins, lipids, steroids and urocanic acid to name a few.
- The proteins (collagen and elastin fibrils) are the base of the interstitial matrix.
- Protein is crucial for the production of collagen and elastin, the protein fibres that keep skin supple and elastic
More definitions of elastinDefinition of elastin in:
- The British & World English dictionary