- A person who is experienced and well-respected, especially a politician.More example sentences
- I try to model myself on the elder statesman of Maori in this House, and to follow the way he performs.
- His is presumably a view of the outsider looking in-now a declared political observer, an elder statesman and senior citizen.
- He carried on in this function as a Special Representative of the EU, while remaining influential in Spanish politics as an elder statesman.
More definitions of elder statesmanDefinition of elder statesman in:
- The British & World English dictionary