- (In card games for three or more players) the player who is the first to receive a complete hand, usually the player immediately to the left of the dealer.More example sentences
- If eldest hand passes, dealer's partner may call the trump suit or pass and so on.
- The cards are dealt in rotation to the right, beginning with the eldest hand.
- The player who received the first card from the deal may be known as eldest hand, or as forehand.
More definitions of eldest handDefinition of eldest hand in:
- The British & World English dictionary