Definition of elecampane in English:
A plant that has yellow daisylike flowers with long slender petals and bitter aromatic roots that are used in herbal medicine, native to central Asia.
- Inula helenium, family Compositae
- While elecampane root is better used for a cold or cough associated with coldness, weak digestion, low energy and whitish to clear mucus discharge.
- Roots, such as those of elecampane, were used too.
- On the other hand, the elecampane speech and the seemingly related Turkish Knight and Turkey Champion characters occur in the Truro / Father Christmas and Irish plays, but not in the Alexander text.
Definition of elecampane in:
- British & World English dictionary