Definition of elecampane in English:
A plant that has yellow daisylike flowers with long slender petals and bitter aromatic roots that are used in herbal medicine, native to central Asia.
- Inula helenium, family Compositae
- While elecampane root is better used for a cold or cough associated with coldness, weak digestion, low energy and whitish to clear mucus discharge.
- Roots, such as those of elecampane, were used too.
- On the other hand, the elecampane speech and the seemingly related Turkish Knight and Turkey Champion characters occur in the Truro / Father Christmas and Irish plays, but not in the Alexander text.
Definition of elecampane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan