- A fence through which an electric current can be passed, giving an electric shock to any person or animal touching it.More example sentences
- The electric fence should be high voltage, low amperage, so that no harm can be done to any animal or person.
- This procedure had merit; but conventional fencing costs, even electric fences or suspension fences with widely spaced posts, made it an economically questionable practice outside the research arena.
- We were running up and down shouting and calling, pulling at gates, knocking on metal fences, even trying to short-circuit electric fences to set off alarms.
More definitions of electric fenceDefinition of electric fence in:
- The British & World English dictionary