- A region around a charged particle or object within which a force would be exerted on other charged particles or objects.More example sentences
- Likewise, Faraday thought that electric fields somehow manipulated charged particles with ghostly hands.
- Electrically charged particles have electric fields around them as a result of their charge.
- This lattice can trap the neutral atoms in potential wells because the electric fields of the lasers induce a dipole moment in the atom.
More definitions of electric fieldDefinition of electric field in:
- The British & World English dictionary