- 1An organ (keyboard) in which the sound is produced electrically rather than by pipes.More example sentences
- The theremin, ondes martinot, and even the electric organ sound like nothing really other than themselves.
- Oboes, electric organs, glockenspiels and sleigh bells decorate the material, and the musical touches make one pine for an all-instrumental version of the album.
- To the relentless shaking of maracas, four electric organs inflate and deflate a dominant eleventh chord through the addition and subtraction of pitches and durations.
- 2 Zoology An organ in certain fishes that is used to produce an electrical discharge for stunning prey, for sensing the surroundings, or as a defense.More example sentences
- They really only use their strong electric organ discharges for predation and defensive purposes.
- The development of electric organs in E. electricus happens very soon after birth.
- Here, we report a redox regulation of the function of ClC - 0, a chloride (Cl-) channel from the Torpedo electric organ.
More definitions of electric organDefinition of electric organ in:
- The British & World English dictionary