- Of or relating to the treatment of mental illness by the application of electric shocks to the brain.More example sentences
- Last, for severe or treatment refractory depression, electroconvulsive therapy is often curative.
- Other forms of treatment were electroconvulsive therapy, discussion of the evils of homosexuality, desensitisation of an assumed phobia of the opposite sex, hypnosis, psychodrama, and abreaction.
- If antidepressants don't work, you may respond to electroconvulsive therapy, which uses electricity to induce brain seizures that relieve depression.
More definitions of electroconvulsiveDefinition of electroconvulsive in:
- The British & World English dictionary