- An intense electric current that occurs in a narrow belt in the lower ionosphere, especially in the region of strong auroral displays.More example sentences
- When space weather stirs up the great electric current in the sky - the auroral electrojet - the magnetic field at the surface of the Earth starts to vary.
- The HAARP antenna as is it now configured modulates the auroral electrojet to induce ELF waves and thus could have an effect on the zonal winds.
- The auroral electrojet index, which measures the strength of the magnetic disturbances produced by currents in the ionosphere (associated with auroras), reached peak values of more than 2,000 nanoTesla.
More definitions of electrojetDefinition of electrojet in:
- The British & World English dictionary