Luminescence produced electrically, especially in a phosphor by the application of a voltage.
More example sentences
- The first polymer to exhibit electroluminescence was poly p-phenylene vinylene.
- Much of the research into red OLEDs has been directed toward overcoming concentration-quenching problems, a decrease in electroluminescence that can occur at dopant concentrations as low as 2%.
- In the darkened second gallery were two book-like works involving electroluminescence or fiber-optic light.
- More example sentences
- Among the most exciting uses being developed for the electroluminescent polymers are display screens.
- Since then, one of the exciting outgrowths of the study of electrically conducting polymers has been the study of their electroluminescent properties.
- Recent advances in polymer chemistry have given new life to thick-film electroluminescent lighting applications.
Definition of electroluminescence in:
- The British & World English dictionary