Definition of electromagnetic in English:
Of or relating to the interrelation of electric currents or fields and magnetic fields.
- Light is an electromagnetic wave that can carry angular momentum by way of circular polarization.
- Maxwell believed electromagnetic waves such as light to be vibrations in the ether.
- Thus, the higher the energy of the incoming particles, the stronger the electromagnetic interaction it feels.
- Example sentences
- The electron then interacts electromagnetically with the quarks at close distance and considerably disturbs them.
- Methods for forming and positioning moldable permanent magnets on electromagnetically actuated microfabricated components
- These enhanced sound waves are then transmitted to the implant and electrodes electromagnetically or through a wired connection.
Words that rhyme with electromagneticaesthetic (US esthetic), alphabetic, anaesthetic (US anesthetic), antithetic, apathetic, apologetic, arithmetic, ascetic, athletic, balletic, bathetic, cosmetic, cybernetic, diabetic, dietetic, diuretic, emetic, energetic, exegetic, frenetic, genetic, Helvetic, hermetic, homiletic, kinetic, magnetic, metic, mimetic, parenthetic, pathetic, peripatetic, phonetic, photosynthetic, poetic, prophetic, prothetic, psychokinetic, splenetic, sympathetic, syncretic, syndetic, synthetic, telekinetic, theoretic, zetetic
Definition of electromagnetic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia