- The range of wavelengths or frequencies over which electromagnetic radiation extends.More example sentences
- The frequency range of the electromagnetic spectrum that is visible to the human eye (and which we refer to as ‘color’) is a very small region in the entire range of photon energies we have observed in nature.
- The terahertz region lies between electronic and optical wave frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum, and ranges from 100 GHz to 10 THz in frequency.
- The radio frequency electromagnetic spectrum is more important to the Department of the Navy today than it has ever been in the more than 100-year history of radio.
More definitions of electromagnetic spectrumDefinition of electromagnetic spectrum in:
- The British & World English dictionary