- A microscope with high magnification and resolution, employing electron beams in place of light and using electron lenses.More example sentences
- Designed much like a compound microscope, the electron microscope uses a beam of electrons focused through magnetic lenses.
- These were the early days of the electron microscope and physicists were keen to exploit the very short de Broglie wavelength of electrons to study objects that were too small to be studied with visible light.
- With the inventions of the electron microscope and the field ion microscope, scientists have been able to observe the microcosm as never before.
More definitions of electron microscopeDefinition of electron microscope in:
- The British & World English dictionary