- 1(Of a device) having or operating with the aid of many small components, especially microchips and transistors, that control and direct an electric current: an electronic calculatorMore example sentences
- They'll also examine how humidity affects the surface of silicon, which is used to make microchips and other electronic devices.
- The silicon transistors of modern electronic devices make connections to potentials the values of which represent zero and one throughout a system.
- Modern airliners are packed with electronic devices that control the plane and handle navigation and communications.
- 1.1(Of music) produced by electronic instruments.More example sentences
- The marriage of hip-hop with electronic dance music is well established, but most of this group's collaborations sound like shotgun marriages.
- São Paolo today feels like it is on the verge of another cultural revolution, led by hip hop and electronic dance music.
- That nearly all music is electronic is a banal truism.
- 1.2Of or relating to electronics: a degree in electronic engineeringMore example sentences
- But the average added value of a worker in an electronic engineering firm, where design is critical, is $250,000.
- The 38-year-old electronic engineering student, who speaks four languages, began refusing food on December 5 and lost three stone.
- After one mind-numbingly boring semester of studying electronic engineering, I landed a job as junior sales assistant in a retail franchise.
- 2Of or relating to electrons.More example sentences
- Atomic physics involves specifically investigations into the electronic parts of the atom.
- Other physicists have explored the electronic properties of DNA and its use as a scaffold for solid-state dye lasers.
- The redshift in the absorption spectrum reflects electronic interactions between the porphyrin and the melanins.
- 3Carried out or accessed by means of a computer or other electronic device, especially over a network: electronic bankingMore example sentences
- They can share and download electronic collections on the Network.
- The use of computer systems, electronic communication systems and Internet access is restricted to the conduct of company business.
- With the introduction of the Internet, electronic and computer games, etc, we have seen a reduction in the relative time spent by budding West Indian cricketers on the cricket field.
- More example sentences
- The whole thing is laminated, holographed, security printed and electronically marked to avoid forgery.
- Entertainment has long been an electronically dispersed industry.
- The curvatures of the electronically controlled seats and backs can be individually adjusted.
More definitions of electronicDefinition of electronic in:
- The British & World English dictionary