Definition of electroosmosis in English:
Osmosis under the influence of an electric field.
- Upon application of an electric field, electro-osmosis generates bulk fluid flow in the device, and a protocol for eliminating this flow by attaching a polymer brush to all silicon oxide surfaces is shown to be effective.
- Brennan learned of a system of electro-osmosis for dealing with rising damp without chemicals.
- This is well established by studies on electro-osmosis and streaming potentials.
- Example sentences
- An electro-osmotic model is developed to examine the influence of plasma membrane superficial charges on the regulation of cell ionic composition.
- Their data are scattered, probably due to electro-osmotic flow generated by the glass coverslip, or possibly due to DNA-gel interactions.
- Both theories use the linear charge density of DNA as an adjustable parameter, lumping all of the double layer effects, such as charge screening and electro-osmotic friction, into this parameter.
Definition of electroosmosis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.