Definition of electroosmosis in English:
Osmosis under the influence of an electric field.
- Upon application of an electric field, electro-osmosis generates bulk fluid flow in the device, and a protocol for eliminating this flow by attaching a polymer brush to all silicon oxide surfaces is shown to be effective.
- Brennan learned of a system of electro-osmosis for dealing with rising damp without chemicals.
- This is well established by studies on electro-osmosis and streaming potentials.
- Example sentences
- An electro-osmotic model is developed to examine the influence of plasma membrane superficial charges on the regulation of cell ionic composition.
- Their data are scattered, probably due to electro-osmotic flow generated by the glass coverslip, or possibly due to DNA-gel interactions.
- Both theories use the linear charge density of DNA as an adjustable parameter, lumping all of the double layer effects, such as charge screening and electro-osmotic friction, into this parameter.
Definition of electroosmosis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia