(also electroplaque /-ˌplak/)
- Each of a number of flattened plates of protoplasm that make up the electric organ of certain fishes, e.g., the electric eel.More example sentences
- The prototype channel ClC - 0, from the Torpedo electroplax, was first discovered and characterized by Miller.
- Frozen T. californica electroplax tissue was from either of two research institutes.
- When the nerve fires the electroplax, the electric potential between inside and outside of the cell momentarily reverses, releasing the charge.
More definitions of electroplaxDefinition of electroplax in:
- The British & World English dictionary