The action or process of introducing DNA or chromosomes into bacteria or other cells using a pulse of electricity to briefly open the pores in the cell membranes.
More example sentences
- DNA was introduced into DH10ß cells via electroporation with a Gene Pulser II (Bio-Rad).
- Plasmids pJF138 and pJF141 were introduced into cells by electroporation.
- In molecular biology, the process of electroporation is often used for the transformation of bacteria, yeast, and plant protoplasts.
- More example sentences
- Plasmid DNA was electroporated into 60 l of electrocompetent Escherichia coli C and incubated in a shaker/incubator for 30 min at 37°C for the positive selection of mutants.
- This plasmid was electroporated into Agrobacterium tumefaciens strain GV3101, which was used to transform pex5-1 mutant plants by the floral dip method.
- Early observations that poly tails can enhance expression of reporter mRNAs electroporated into plant protoplasts were interpreted as evidence for the role of poly tails in translation in plants.
Definition of electroporation in:
- The British & World English dictionary