Definition of elephant grass in English:
A tall robust tropical African grass that is used for fodder and paper. Also called napier grass.
- Pennisetum purpureum, family Gramineae
- Power can also be generated from biomass energy crops such as fast-growing willow, poplar and elephant grass planted as an alternative to food crops.
- The exhibition includes a South African ficus, a tamarind with pods, elephant grass from Africa, cherry, bougainvillaea, fig, Accacia and trees collected from forests.
- The grave sites may be overgrown with tall, dry elephant grass, which is burned away, creating an Armageddon-like atmosphere.
Definition of elephant grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan