Definition of elf owl in English:
A tiny owl that nests in cacti and trees in the arid country of the southern US and Mexico.
- Micrathene whitneyi, family Strigidae
- Here, I got a great view of an elf owl and marveled at the way its plumage blended in with the tree trunk behind him.
- Our three top birders hurry to see an off-course Baikal teal behind an ice-cream shop in Denver; in Tucson they sit with 20 people around the base of a telephone pole at dusk, hoping to spot an elf owl.
- Several owl boxes will attract elf owls and would give you a better chance to see those elusive creatures.
Definition of elf owl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan