Definition of elodea in English:
An aquatic plant of a genus that includes the ornamental waterweeds.
- Genus Elodea, family Hydrocharitaceae
- A couple of oxygenates are anacharis, and elodea.
- The algae-rich water teems with tadpoles, elodea, and finger-size fish.
- If the vegetation is primarily coontail or elodea, the stocking rates should be doubled.
Modern Latin, from Greek helōdēs 'marshy'.
Definition of elodea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.