verb[with object] (usually be embayed)
- 1.2chiefly Geology Enclose (something) in a recess or hollow.More example sentences
- These landslides were embayed by the lava that flooded the central caldera floor.
- This landslide material was then embayed by lava when the central caldera was flooded.
- The great escarpment is embayed by major valleys, and a belt of mountains lies between it and the coastal plain.
More definitions of embayDefinition of embay in:
- The British & World English dictionary