- A recess in a coastline forming a bay.More example sentences
- Longshore drift transported sediment from this eroding rocky coastline to these embayments following the culmination of the post-glacial marine transgression some 7 ka ago.
- Presque Isle Bay is a small embayment (505 ha, Pyron et al. 2001) on the eastern shore of Lake Erie.
- Although often described as a benthic or epiphytic species, A. carterae also thrives in the plankton of coastal embayments and estuaries, possibly connected with a diurnal vertical migration.
More definitions of embaymentDefinition of embayment in:
- The British & World English dictionary