- A master of ceremonies.More example sentences
- There will be an emcee to conduct quizzes and give away prizes and freebies.
- It was a great evening - the comedians were hilarious (Scott Falconbridge was the emcee, Dana Alexander was one comedian, and Mike Dambra was the headliner).
- After the obnoxious announcer, who clearly wished he had been bestowed with the honour of actually being counted as a storyteller and not simply the emcee, I was not in a mood most receptive to storytelling.
verb (emcees, emceeing, emceed)[with object] Back to top
- Perform the role of a master of ceremonies at (a public entertainment or a large social occasion).More example sentences
- Diamond Dave ably emceed the party and entertained all throughout.
- Former NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw will emcee the event.
- CBC radio announcer Katherine Duncan will emcee the event, which is put on by the the Book Publishers Association and the Writers Guild of Alberta.
1930s: representing the pronunciation of MC.