1The process of making a revision or correction to a text.
- The minutes of last year's meeting in Victoria, BC, were accepted without emendation.
- The theologian, however, could argue that there are instances which might validly call for emendation.
- This necessitated some retrospective emendation of the original claims to make the new theory minimally plausible.
1.1A correction or revision to a text: here are some suggested emendations
More example sentences
- Such emendations to the 'classics' on the part of famous conductors were once common practice.
- Naturally, this critical simplification of mine calls for numerous emendations.
- Finally there is the considerable group of emendations in the Centenary text that were introduced by the editor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.