- A system by which countries and organizations receive permits to produce a specified amount of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, which they may trade with others.More example sentences
- Finally, there is the issue of emissions trading.
- Lowery said a major planting programme could save the exchequer up to € 100 million in emissions trading.
- The strategy also calls on all nations to replace emissions trading with an equitable fossil-fuel efficiency standard.
More definitions of emissions tradingDefinition of emissions trading in:
- The British & World English dictionary