Definition of emissive in English:
Having the power to radiate something, especially light, heat, or radiation.
- A more quantitative approach on absorption and emission of radiation in terms of absorptive power and emissive power are explained with specific references to block - body radiation.
- A reflective and emissive roof system reduces both internal heat loads and the building's contribution to the ‘urban heat-island’ effect.
- While the reflective and emissive properties of a roof are most important for its coolness, other factors such as insulation, roof orientation and roof pitch contribute to a building's overall thermal efficiency.
- Example sentences
- This inversion technique takes into account atmospheric effects on the radiation and spatial variations in the surface emissivity and backscatter.
- This is because metal performs well when it comes to both emissivity and solar reflectivity.
- Because of the lower roof surface temperature on roofs with a high emissivity and high reflectivity, urban heat islands can be reduced with widespread use of cool roofs.
Pronunciation: /ˌeməˈsivitē, ˌēmə-/noun
Definition of emissive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan