Definition of emitter in English:
1A machine, device, etc., that emits something.
- Since the goal in most developed countries is less carbon than is now emitted, emitters will have to cut back their emissions or buy the rights to emit from someone else.
- These emitters or probes broadcast energy to a series of detectors at known locations.
- Of course, there was also a gigantic turret on top of the tower itself, sporting missile launchers, sonic emitters, lasers, and the like.
1.1 Electronics A region in a bipolar transistor producing carriers of current.
- When the proper voltage is applied across the cathode and anode of the emitters, they release electrons toward a phosphor spot.
- A buried N - base region is implanted in the substrate under the emitter region.
- Other possible uses for electron field emitters would include-flat panel displays and new kinds of light sources.
Definition of emitter in:
- British & World English dictionary