The largest species of penguin. It has a yellow patch on each side of the head and rears its young during the Antarctic winter.
- Aptenodytes forsteri, family Spheniscidae
More example sentences
- The emperor penguin is the largest penguin species and also one of the few found in Antarctica.
- Only one bird - the emperor penguin - will winter on Antarctica and use the frozen continent as a nursery.
- I ended the book with a photograph of an emperor penguin chick from the Antarctic.
Definition of emperor penguin in:
- The British & World English dictionary