Definition of emperor penguin in English:
The largest species of penguin. It has a yellow patch on each side of the head and rears its young during the Antarctic winter.
- Aptenodytes forsteri, family Spheniscidae
- The emperor penguin is the largest penguin species and also one of the few found in Antarctica.
- Only one bird - the emperor penguin - will winter on Antarctica and use the frozen continent as a nursery.
- I ended the book with a photograph of an emperor penguin chick from the Antarctic.
Definition of emperor penguin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.