Definition of emperor penguin in English:
The largest species of penguin. It has a yellow patch on each side of the head and rears its young during the Antarctic winter.
- Aptenodytes forsteri, family Spheniscidae
- The emperor penguin is the largest penguin species and also one of the few found in Antarctica.
- Only one bird - the emperor penguin - will winter on Antarctica and use the frozen continent as a nursery.
- I ended the book with a photograph of an emperor penguin chick from the Antarctic.
Definition of emperor penguin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan