- 1In a forceful way.More example sentences
- He is a man who speaks forcefully, emphatically and, yes, sometimes controversially from the pulpit at First Baptist Church.
- Both the District Court judge and the High Court judge emphatically stood behind the principle that the ability to pay money ought not to influence the outcome of the case.
- Tara, not wanting to let one of her hands go from her ears, started nodding emphatically to the door.
- 1.1 [as submodifier] Without doubt; clearly: Jane, though born in California, feels emphatically Canadian [sentence adverb]: Greg is emphatically not a slackerMore example sentences
- This was emphatically reinforced when we saw a demo behind closed doors and spoke with some of the developers in May.
- With huge square towers linked by thick walkways, it stands on a slight eminence and is emphatically hellish.
- At just a few months short of his 70th birthday, Caine is definitely and emphatically in fashion.
More definitions of emphaticallyDefinition of emphatically in:
- The British & World English dictionary