(also empyreal /-əl/)
Definition of empyrean in English:
Belonging to or deriving from heaven.
- Within that empyreal realm, the new Senior Vice Provost for Diversity and Faculty Development will occupy a ‘singular and permanent position,’ dictates the task force.
- Yet according to Mormon doctrine, families are awarded with empyreal togetherness only if every member ‘behaves.’
- Behind him, he knew, the empyreal capital endured, the snowy grounds around it merely accentuating its transcendental, yet solitary, existence.
heavenly, celestial, ethereal;
noun(the empyrean) Back to top
1Heaven, in particular the highest part of heaven.
- Someday it may even be possible for the soul of a skeptical scientist to orbit into the empyrean, carrying his karma with him, looking for a suitable body to be born into!
- The Pro Arte Quartet (plus cellist Anthony Pini) contributes a C-major Quintet whose first two movements ensure the work's place in the empyrean.
- Mark Antony well knew the mischief he aimed at, and sensed that his and Octavius's moment had come; all they needed to do was to mount Caesar's ghost and they would ride to the empyrean.