- A short dash, the width of an en, used in punctuation.More example sentences
- The en dash (-) is the width of a letter 'n' and is used to indicate an interval. e.g. Information about the London - Paris flight is on pages 4-7.
- An en dash - so called because it is the width of the letter 'n' - is appropriate to separate a clause within a sentence; it is, however, over-used.
- An en dash - with normal word spaces on either side - is much more poised, and less ruinous to the quality of text.
More definitions of en dashDefinition of en dash in:
- The British & World English dictionary