Definition of enactment in English:
1The process of passing legislation.
- Working with government is essential to successful enactment of legislation.
- I tentatively support legislative enactment of same-sex marriage - but only when the legislature is constitutionally authorized to do this.
- In recent years there has been demand for enactment of legislation enabling the adoption of children.
1.1A law that is passed.
- All enactments and rules of law relating to procedure in connection with indictable offences shall continue to have effect in relation to proceedings in the Crown Court.
- Most of the law dealt with here is based on statutes or other public enactments.
- That means that a resource consent is not an enactment or rule of law that would prohibit the exercise of a customary right.
2A process of acting something out: the story becomes an enactment of his fantasies
More example sentences
- Various rural communities in Germany, for instance, held traditional enactments in which a local inhabitant was dressed to represent a wild man, sometimes in moss and leaves.
- By day, the priests and priestesses performed enactments for people who came to the temple.
- The world famous enactments of Bible stories were last performed in the Minster at the turn of the Millennium - to capacity audiences.
- Example sentences
- Although the metaphor of an ocean with many shores is helpful to illustrate the variety of spiritual realities, it is ultimately inadequate to convey the participatory and enactive nature of spiritual knowing.
- These writing results confirmed the sequential advantages of engaging in observational learning before engaging in enactive learning experiences.
- Further, enactive mastery, or the direct experience of completing tasks and overcoming obstacles, particularly in the early stages of career development, is positively related to self-efficacy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia