- Inflammation of the brain and spinal cord, typically due to acute viral infection.More example sentences
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, a rare demyelinating disease, is usually triggered by infections or immunisations.
- The condition is sometimes called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis.
- People older than 50 years of age are at the highest risk for developing significant symptoms and may develop encephalomyelitis.
More definitions of encephalomyelitisDefinition of encephalomyelitis in:
- The British & World English dictionary