Definition of encrypt in English:
1Convert (information or data) into a cipher or code, especially to prevent unauthorized access.
- The microprocessor encrypts information and provides an encrypted output which is related to the alternator electrical output.
- On a basic level they could be used to decode encrypted information almost instantly.
- The public key encrypts the information as it's sent from a person's computer to the merchant, and a private key decrypts the information.
1.1 (encrypt something in) Conceal data in (something) by converting it into a code.
- Security is insured by encrypting the data in the exchange, which cannot be scanned or copied by sophisticated theft devices.
- They needed to encrypt the meaning in others’ thoughts and be assured their ideas would be perpetuated.
- If messages have been encrypted in these texts then how do we know we are getting it right?
Definition of encrypt in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan