noun (plural endarterectomies)
- Surgical removal of part of the inner lining of an artery, together with any obstructive deposits, most often carried out on the carotid artery or on vessels supplying the legs.More example sentences
- Carotid endarterectomy is the surgical treatment of choice at this time.
- The overall benefit of carotid endarterectomy strongly depends on surgical risk.
- It also contains indicators for how often certain surgical procedures, such as carotid endarterectomy and pediatric heart surgery, are performed.
More definitions of endarterectomyDefinition of endarterectomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary