Definition of endless in English:
1Having or seeming to have no end or limit: endless ocean wastes the list is endless
More example sentences
- Instead of spending our time on crafting quality content, we waste it with endless bickering.
- This endless commuting could be wasting your children's precious time with you, as much as yours with them.
- I leaned across the white metal railing and stared out into the endless blue green ocean.
1.1Countless; innumerable: we smoked endless cigarettes
More example sentences
- It has stared at us from countless front pages and endless news bulletins.
- Every day doesn't have to be an endless stream of cigarettes and magazines.
- There were a multitude of stalls and an endless number of tractors on display.
countless, innumerable, untold, legion, numberless, unnumbered, numerous, very many, manifold, multitudinous, multifarious;
a great number of, infinite numbers of, a multitude of
informalumpteen, no end of, loads of, stacks of, heaps of, masses of, oodles of, scads of, zillions of, gazillions of, bajillions of
1.2(Of a belt, chain, or tape) having the ends joined to form a loop allowing continuous action.
- Shaking his head, the medic turned his attention to the next link in an endless chain.
- An endless belt ran out from the bottom of the pile and into the boat for loading.
- A Flemish string can be twisted far more than an endless loop type.
unlimited, limitless, infinite, inexhaustible, boundless, unbounded, untold, immeasurable, measureless, incalculable;
abundant, abounding, great;
bottomless, ceaseless, unceasing, unending, without end, everlasting, constant, continuous, continual, interminable, unfading, unfailing, perpetual, eternal, enduring, lasting
- Example sentences
- However, there is real frustration with the seeming endlessness of the process.
- The nine large oil paintings and six smaller studies in ink on paper interpret the fear and fascination that endlessness has held for famous writers and mathematicians.
- They had talked into the endlessness of the night.
Words that rhyme with endlesslegless • sexless • airless
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.