adjectiveAnatomy & Medicine
- 1Of or relating to the endocardium.More example sentences
- The most effective one causes endocardial or retroperitoneal fibrosis in rare cases.
- An autopsy showed endocardial fibrosis.
- If rejection is suspected, endocardial biopsy is performed to confirm diagnosis.
- 2Situated inside the heart.More example sentences
- Examination of the heart revealed right-sided endocardial thickening.
- Cells appear to be committed to an endocardial cell fate early in heart development.
- Complications can occur with permanent endocardial pacemaker therapy, but they are uncommon.
More definitions of endocardialDefinition of endocardial in:
- The British & World English dictionary