adjectiveAnatomy & Medicine
1Relating to the endocardium.
- The most effective one causes endocardial or retroperitoneal fibrosis in rare cases.
- An autopsy showed endocardial fibrosis.
- If rejection is suspected, endocardial biopsy is performed to confirm diagnosis.
2Situated inside the heart.
- Examination of the heart revealed right-sided endocardial thickening.
- Cells appear to be committed to an endocardial cell fate early in heart development.
- Complications can occur with permanent endocardial pacemaker therapy, but they are uncommon.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of endocardial in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.