Inflammation of the endocardium.
- Infection in this population often results in central nervous system involvement and septicemia, but may include pneumonia and endocarditis.
- Identification of the organism and treatment will prevent progression to meningitis, endocarditis or other complications.
- People with some types of heart defects are at greater risk of developing bacterial endocarditis.
- Example sentences
- Thats incredibly unsmart, due to the proximity to the heart, you could very easily get an endocarditic infection.
- One patient developed an endocarditic infection and died.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.