- The thin, smooth membrane that lines the inside of the chambers of the heart and forms the surface of the valves.More example sentences
- Only rarely does it involve the endocardium or cardiac valves.
- The pericardium, cardiac valves, endocardium, and coronary arteries were normal.
- The endocardium showed prominent endocardial fibroelastosis, particularly in sections obtained from the right side of the heart.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from endo- 'within' + Greek kardia 'heart'.
More definitions of endocardiumDefinition of endocardium in:
- The British & World English dictionary