1 Physiology A person with a soft round body build and a high proportion of fat tissue. Compare with ectomorph and mesomorph.
More example sentences
- An endomorph holds most of their weight in their middle.
- People are ectomorph, mesomorph, or endomorph.
- The classic endomorph is an overweight person, of which there are none at the elite level in swimming, and precious few at any level, though I see some at the high school level.
1940s: endo- from endodermal (being the layer of the embryo giving rise to the physical characteristics that predominate) + -morph.
- More example sentences
- Breaking down his client list into three specific body types - ectomorphic, endomorphic and mesomorphic - Isaacson gives the best advice for each category.
- The female contestants of this sport were more endomorphic and less mesomorphic than the male competitors.
- These results confirm that there is an early-developing bias against the endomorphic body build, and suggest that young children prefer youthful body builds.
More definitions of endomorphDefinition of endomorph in:
- The British & World English dictionary