(also dated indorse)
Definition of endorse in English:
1Declare one’s public approval or support of: the report was endorsed by the college
More example sentences
- I fully endorse calls for the public to rally behind the club for the sake of the province.
- He also endorsed the policy that public servants must enthusiastically support their Ministers in carrying out their programmes as long as they are in keeping with the law.
- I thank everyone who is supporting this part of the bill, and I fully endorse our support of it.
1.1Recommend (a product) in an advertisement.
- In the past few years advertising and endorsing products has been a very lucrative way for Bollywood stars to earn some extra cash.
- Players are allowed to advertise or endorse products for material gain outside of the games.
- It does not recommend or endorse any specific product for environmental cleaning.
2Sign (a check or bill of exchange) on the back to make it payable to someone other than the stated payee or to accept responsibility for paying it.
- But in many cases the payee indorses the cheque even if it is collected for his own account.
- If he endorsed the cheques, what form did the endorsement take?
- The cheque was endorsed by Conroy and then given to him.
- Example sentences
- We are not just talking about parking on a pavement - the vehicle here was parked in such a way as pedestrians had to walk around and that's an endorsable motorist offence.
- And as well as stopping all cars using bus lanes illegally, one driver was found to have no road tax, one had no insurance and two were given endorsable fixed penalty tickets.
- But Sgt Melvin warned that the Government plans to make the offence endorsable with up to three penalty points.
- Example sentences
- They said celebrity endorsers don't always mention risks associated with cancer screening and don't always target the groups that would benefit most.
- The original signers, 33 prominent design professionals, have been joined as endorsers by hundreds of colleagues.
- He's going to be the key endorser of these drinks.